The presentation of the campaign, which will take place over the next three years, took place yesterday at the Spanish restaurant Toro in Nueva York in a ceremony that brought together more than 30 media.">
en.mercacei.com
New York hosts the presentation of the Spanish Table Olive Promotion Campaign in the USA


New York hosts the presentation of the Spanish Table Olive Promotion Campaign in the USA

2017/18/05 - The European Commission (EC) and the Spanish Table Olive Interprofessional Organization (Interaceituna) will invest 7.5 million euros to promote the Spanish table olive in one of the main strategic markets in this sector: the United States. The presentation of the campaign, which will take place over the next three years, took place yesterday at the Spanish restaurant Toro in Nueva York in a ceremony that brought together more than 30 media.
In the presentation of this initiative, the President of Interaceituna, Ricardo Serra, stated that "for the Spanish sector of the table olive this promotion campaign is a real milestone, since it is the largest advertising investment for a country and in one of the most relevant markets: USA. "Of the total investment, the European Commission will contribute with the maximum eligible percentage (80%) and Interaceituna, the remaining 20%," said Serra.

The event also highlighted the presence of chef José Andrés, whose professional career, as well as the innumerable successes harvested throughout his career, make him, according to Interaceituna, "the best ambassador for the Spanish olives in North America." In his speech to the media, José Andrés emphasized the key role of this product in a society with a growing commitment to healthy food.

The motto of the campaign will be A Tasty Message from Europe: Have an Olive Day with Olives From Spain and the numerous activities of the program will include television commercials and sponsorship of programs in the chain Hola TV; Media plan printed in national press of great coverage like The New York Times, among others; Presence of the spanish olives in the American Eagle, a digital format located in the center of New York: Times Square; Public transport (trains, buses) with advertising of spanish olives; And public relations in many events to generate awareness among the media.

Interaceituna explained that the proposed activities are national, although in areas where the consumption of olives is greater, more resources will be allocated, such as New York, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Philadelphia. To the broad geographical area, there is an important target audience spectrum for the promotion: consumers and the professional public (distributors, importers, chefs and opinion leaders).

According to data from the organization, the United States imports more than 136 million kilos of olives per year reaching a total value of more than 400 million dollars, of which 85% come from the EU and 55% from Spain. Each year about 75 million kilos of Spanish olives are consumed in the United States.
Compartir en Google Bookmarks Compartir en Meneame enviar a reddit compartir en Tuenti